New rules and rates for Traffic ticket in Malaysia:
- Traffic ticket that was paid in 15 days will be given 50% discount.
- Traffic ticket that was paid between 16-30 days after receive will be given 30% discount
- No discount will be given for people who pay the traffic ticket later than 30 days. He/she will be blacklisted for not paying it.
How to check if you have any summons (saman)? There are a few ways:
1. Through SMS 15888
By just using your mobile phone, you just need to type POLIS SAMAN
Example : POLIS SAMAN WTF4896 and send to 15888
* Each SMS will be charged for RM 0.20
2. Through the Internet
Checking can be done through portals below:-
> MyEG Services - www.myeg.com.my
> RILEK e-Services - www.rilek.com.my
* No charges will be applied
3. Through Traffic COPS (Computer On-line Payment System) Counter that located at:
> Police Station Headquarters in every state
> Selected JPJ Counter
> Traffic COPS Counter at selected shopping complex.
How to pay the saman/summons?
With my experience of waiting for the queue, it is advisable that you pay your Traffic Tickets Online. You can pay online through www.myeg.com.my using your Debit Card.
*Every transaction/payment through online will be charged for RM 2
If you prefer to spend your time waiting, you can pay at selected JPJ Counter and Traffic COPS(Computer On-line Payment System) Counter
Remember to clear your saman before PDRM Blacklist you starting 28 Feb 2011. If you have any question/enquiries, do contact them @ http://www.rmp.gov.my.
Picture credits to BeautifulNara.com
So when people asking you, " Macam mana nak settle?". You can answer, "I will settle online la".
You can subscribe to TianChad @ 永遇乐 or follow @TianChad on Twitter for future blog post update =) Press the "Like" button and share with your friend kay? Thanks~!