[Review] weBoost Drive 3G-S Boost your Cellular Signal in Car #TCGiveaway
[Review] weBoost Drive 3G-S - Boost your Cellular Signal and Less Drop Call #TCGiveaway
Having problem getting good signal in the car and experience frequent drop calls when you answer the phone? Now here's something that can makes your life better - weBoost Drive 3G-S. weBoost recently came to Malaysia and launched their first two products to meet the market need, which is to provide you better experience at both phone call and reception inside the car with this weBoost Drive 3G-S that can boost cellular signal. Below is my review on weBoost:
|weBoost Drive 3G-S comes with 5 components in the box|
weBoost Drive 3G-S Cellular Signal Booster 900/2100 MHz package comes with a Drive 3G-S device, Mini-Magnet Mount Antenna (301126), DC Plug-In Power Supply and USB Cable (859910), Vehicle Dash Adhesive Mounting Bracket and a few Adjustable Arms.
|weBoost Drive 3G-S device with adjustable arms on|
The installation for weBoost 3G-S is actually quite easy and it only takes me 7-10 minutes. The only challenging part is how to align the antenna beautifully from the outside into your car dashboard. Here's a weBoost mobile signal booster installation guide video for you:
Installing weBoost Cellular Signal Booster in your Vehicle
|WeBoost Drive 3G-S installed on my car dash board with the strong adhesive vehicle mounting bracket|
|weBoost Mini-Magnet Mount Antenna cable is actually quite long to let it run around your car|
If you've watch the installation video above, you will able to install your antenna easily.
|The antenna cable nicely hidden at the door seal.|
While installing the antenna cable for weBoost product, make sure that your cable can pass through inside the car and hide it nicely at the door seal. Best if you can install it at the least open car door to protect the cables. Since it is black in color, it is actually nicely blended into your car without getting attention.
|Install the antenna cable to weBoost Drive 3G-S device first then only the power supply|
It is important that you install the antenna and connect it to the weBoost 3G cellular signal booster device first before you connect it to the power supply. Or else it might malfunction. So above picture showed my Samsung S5 is nicely held in place with another charging cable charging my phone. It would be great if the weBoost cellular boosting device can charge my phone wirelessly while boosting my cellular signal at the same time. Less wires give you a neat look.
|Samsung GALAXY Note 3 loading YouTube smoothly on weBoost Cellular Booster Drive 3G-S|
Some of you might worry if weBoost Drive 3G-S can hold big phone like note 3 firmly. I can assure you it can =) The vehicle dash is strong enough to support the weight mounted on it and you can change the direction to horizontal for online streaming of YouTube videos.
|High temperature at cellular booster antenna connection to weBoost device|
My initial concern was about weBoost Drive 3G-S Cellular Booster is the high temperature at the antenna connection part of the device. After feedback with weBoost, apparently this is normal as it shows that your device is transferring high speed signal to your phone. However, if it is unbearable hot, please make sure you have it for a check-up as it shouldn't exceed 150 degrees fahrenheit.
|Review on Weboost Drive 3G-S|
Here's my reviews and feedback on weBoost Drive 3G-S:
- If your car has dark and heavy tinting film, you basically lost a percentage of cellular coverage in car. Hence using weBoost can definitely provide you a better cellular signal coverage
- If you always have drop calls, sometimes it is because your car block the signals from the inside.
- With the car-dock you can use bluetooth and handsfree to talk while driving.
- Better cellular coverage means your phone will spend less battery life to find the stable signals, hence you get good mobile internet surfing speed while saving your phone battery life too.
- The antenna is magnetic so you don't need to drill holes on your car to install it. Cables are long enough to run around the car and become well hidden.
- Antenna connection to the weBoost signal booster will be warm/hot but it is normal as they are transmitting signals. If it is unbearable hot, get it fixed as it has 2 years warranty.
- Different car has different design so make sure your route your antenna cable nicely to prevent cable damages with frequent door open/closing.
weBoost will be a good device to keep inside your car if you always travel around Malaysia and spend most of the time inside your car (especially during answering business call). I will definitely need this during my trip to Port Dickson as I always have less signals on the highway. Wait till my next update ya!!
|#TCSelfie with blogger buddies during weBoost product launch|
Ivy, Isaac, HuaiBin, Denise, Cheesie and myself!
Does weBoost Cellular Booster increase radiation while boosting the cellular signal?
I believe you guys have health concern regarding the boosting of cellular power and the radiation as well. According to weBoost, since the signal is improved inside the car and you need to place your phone on the weBoost cradle in order for it to work. It is actually better as your phone is not always inside your pocket anymore and your body absorb less radiation. Not only it is better for health, your phone will try less harder to help you find the right cellular signal inside the car. So guys, especially men, remember not to always keep your phone inside your pocket as it definitely affect your body especially that important part haha.
|weBoost launched two cellular signal booster in Malaysia: Connect 3G and Drive 3G-S|
Wilson Electronics, the global leader in cellular signal boosters, bring its award-winning line of products to Malaysia; these products will be marketed under its new global brand name, weBoost (www.weboost.com/my). Additionally the company has signed an agreement with Digital Paper to distribute its products across Malaysia.
All weBoost cellular signal boosters including the Connect 3G and the Drive 3G-S feature patented, FCC-certified cellular network protection technology, which prevent interference with cellular networks. These techniques were developed and refined by North American-based parent company, Wilson Electronics, and took more than a decade of research and development to achieve. The weBoost signal boosters will be available for purchase at selected locations throughout the country retailing at RM389 for the Drive 3G-S, and RM1145 for the Connect 3G.For more information about weBoost Cellular Booster product, please visit www.weboost.com/my.
weBoost do have a wireless mobile booster in car (capable to boost coverage for all your passengers), but it is yet to be launched in Malaysia yet.
|[Giveaway] ONE unit of weBoost Drive 3G-S worth RM389|
[Giveaway] ONE unit of weBoost Drive 3G-S worth RM389
This product will soon hit the shelves in Malaysia and if you want to be one of the first few Malaysians to own it, good news! I have 1 brand new unit of the weBoost Drive 3G-S worth RM389 to giveaway! All you need to do is answer these questions correctly and a lucky winner will be selected. Make sure you share this post through Facebook/Twitter and tag @tianchad for better chance to win =)
- Name the 2 weBoost products that were recently launched in Malaysia.
- Answer this question: Why do you need a mobile booster in your daily life?
Leave your comments below with the answers and tag @tianchad if you share on social media. Good luck!!
Terms and Conditions
1. This contest is strictly for readers of TianChad.com residing in Malaysia and there will be total ONE weBoost device to be giveaway. In order to win, you'll have to like mentioned FB page.
2. You must complete all steps above including your creative comment at the comment section below on why you deserve to win. Maximum TWO comment per person so make sure you post the best comment!
3. The closing date for this contest is by 12am on 12th February 2015.
4. Late entries and and incomplete entries will be disqualified.
5. Decision made by judges is final and abiding.
6. Terms and conditions are subjected to changes without prior notice.
7. Contest winners will be notified via email. Winners will require to follow the instructions in the email to redeem their prizes.