Today, over a million customers received SMSes from Maxis informing them their data quotas has been automatically and permanently upgraded at no extra charge, covering MaxisONE plan, Surfmore50 and MaxisONE Business customers.
As a result, customers on the MOP98 will receive 5x more data than their previous allocation. Customers on higher value plans such as MOP188 will receive extra 13GB in data quota every month.
Maxis upgrades over a million customers overnight with up to 5x more data, introduces new ways to use extra data
• Launches significantly upgraded MaxisONE Plan and adds an extra 5GB monthly for video streaming apps
• Along with lots more data, new shareable DataPool allows MaxisONE customers to share data with anyone and across all their other phones and tablets – locally and even overseas
• MaxisONE customers get additional 5GB for just RM48/month and a free MaxisONE line with Unlimited Calls & SMS
[Sponsored Ads below]
“This is the largest auto-upgrade we’ve ever done at Maxis and the largest ever in Malaysia. Our customers don’t have to do anything, except continue to feel free and enjoy all their streaming, downloading, surfing and social media with even more data on the best network in the country. Unlike our competitors, we are not just giving great short-term offers or more data to only new customers. We are automatically and permanently upgrading for free all our MaxisONE plan customers, in which we are proud to have passed one million this week,” said Morten Lundal, Maxis CEO.
Maxis is the nationwide leader in 4G in terms of population coverage, data experience and innovation. 2.2 million people (and counting) have access to Maxis’ high performing 4G network which has now expanded to 74% of the population.
All in all, Maxis will be giving 10 million more GBs every month for free effective immediately. On top of the upgrade, Maxis is also adding another 5GB free every month for MOP customers for popular Video-On-Demand apps.
Along with lots more data, Maxis also today introduced shareable DataPools, a new innovation that allows any MaxisONE customer to share data with anyone and across all other phones and tablets. Here’s how this DataPool works:
• For just RM48 a month, MaxisONE principal line customers will get a MaxisONE line with 5GB/month and Unlimited Calls and SMS – all of which can be used on any device or with anyone the customer chooses. For each line, that’s equivalent to 20 hours of YouTube streaming, 175 hours of Spotify or 15 hours of video calls.
• Unlike traditional postpaid plans where there are separate data quotas for every phone or tablet in the family, MaxisONE allows all data from all lines to be “Data Pooled” - so data can be used more effectively.
• Finally, as part of the MaxisONE World feature, the whole family can now use all of their MaxisONE DataPool while roaming overseas, and they can enjoy making unlimited International Calls and SMS.
See the video here on how the new MaxisONE features work https://youtu.be/D_TM-m4kACY.
“We know how much our customers love their data. And with most people and households having more than one device, there is so much more to do on the Internet. With these new MaxisONE innovations, you don’t just get lots of data, you get to do a whole lot more with it and enjoy the Internet in a worry free way,” said Dushyan Vaithiyanathan, Maxis Head of Consumer Business.
Maxis has been focused on offering unique products that excite people, like being the first to offer unlimited voice and SMS, guarantees for zero bill shock, worry-free roaming, free basic internet and elimination of Pay-Per-Use charges. With its latest offering, Maxis continues to commit to its ‘feel free’ promise.
Similar quota upgrades will also apply to MaxisONE Business customers. Meanwhile, Hotlink will be soon be introducing an exciting feature for its Internet-hungry prepaid users. Watch this space!
For more info, visit us at www.maxis.com.my/maxisone.
Thanks for reading! Press the "Like" button and share with your friend kay? You can subscribe to TianChad @ 永遇乐, be a fans on TianChad @ 永遇乐 and follow @TianChad on Twitter for future blog post update =)