21 Fun Things To Do In Club Med Cherating Beach
Now let's check out the room that I was staying in Club Med Cherating, shall we?
If you prefer motion pictures, watch my travelog about Club Med Cherating here!
If you prefer motion pictures, watch my travelog about Club Med Cherating here!
[Sponsored Ads below]
|Club Med Cherating Beach Deluxe Seaside Room|
We stayed 3 nights at the Club Med Cherating Beach Deluxe Seaside Room, the room where you can see part of the garden and part of the beach. If you want to have amazing sunrise view right from your room, do stay at the Suite that is much more spacious with amazing view. Suitable for both couple and family.
Club Med Cherating has been opened since 1979 and garnered tons of awards (eg. Green Globe Certification in 2011, Travelers' Choice by Trip Advisor 2014 and 2015), it was renovated in 2014 to maintain the wooden beach village. Considering this is a beach resort, my room was very well maintained and important room facilities like hot shower, toilet flush, TV Channels are all in good shape. Just remember to close your room's window whenever you want to go out as the naughty monkeys might pay a visit if you kept food in your room.
|Club Med Cherating location map, room keys and towel card|
|The Noodle Bar at Club Med Cherating Beach|
We were given a time schedule for outdoor activities and you will definitely need to arrange accordingly so that you can try out all the activities listed there. For example, rock climbing opens only on Mon/Wed/Friday/Sun only and Archery is separated to Kids and Adults/Family time according to the time table.
Although I have stayed at Club Med Cherating for 4D3N, I can barely finish all the outdoor activities as I spent more relaxing time at the Zen Pool. Zen Pool is a place suitable for adults to enjoy the sunny breeze while dipping inside the pool and listening to the waves. No kids are allowed here so you can definitely have serenity in this place.
|Zen Pool (over 18 years old only) at Club Med Cherating Beach|
21 THINGS TO DO IN CLUB MED CHERATING BEACH
|You will never be hungry in Club Med Cherating Beach|
1. FEED YOUR STOMACH AT MUTIARA RESTAURANT/NOODLE BAR
Since staying in Club Med is an all-inclusive trip, all your meals and drinks are included and you can have what you want anytime. Breakfast, Late Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner is available at Mutiara Restaurant; Noodle and snack time at the Noodle Bar is from 2.30pm to 6pm, and 9.30pm to 11pm. Basically, you won't be hungry as food are available since 7.30am till 11pm. If you are still hungry during midnight, you can either drink at the Orchid Bar with free flow of alcoholic beverage. Or else, you can have the cup noodles provided in your room.
|Fruit Pie @ Mutiara Restaurant, Club Med Cherating Beach|
|A very wonderful fruit section in Mutiara Restaurant|
|Western Breakfast is available in Mutiara Restaurant too|
|Archery Training before you become Katniss Everdeen|
2. ARCHERYOne of my favourite outdoor activities is the archery. This is where I learned to shoot arrows and compete with my another half who is eager to be Katniss Everdeen from Hunger Games. Every time you will be given 3 arrows and you can shoot unlimited time for at least an hour. You can also join the adults tournaments at 5pm if there is enough challengers.
|Challenge yourself to shoot all three arrows at the red target|
Archery @ Club Med Cherating Beach
|Sunrise Yoga at the beach|
3. SUNRISE/SUNSET YOGAFirst time doing yoga at the beach in the morning. The instructor who is also a GO guide us to relax and feel our body while listening to the birds chirping and facing the sunrise. The weather was cloudy during my yoga session but that's when you see the misty Club Med and grasses covered with morning dews. If you are lucky, you will able to enjoy the morning sunrise while doing yoga. It will be super blissful!
|Unusual sunrise at Club Med Cherating Beach|
4. WATCH SUNRISE AT THE BEACH AND MORNING WALKCatching the sunrise at Club Med Cherating is a must!! Wake up as early as 6.30am and dip your feet in the morning sea water. You will definitely like the serene mode here if you like nature. I caught the sunrise twice during my visit and was really happy to stumble into what I found on the beach. I managed to capture lots of sunrise photos and morning creatures that say good morning to me ;p
|Two color tone beach at Club Med Cherating|
|Shellfish digging back into the sand|
|Tiny little fishes got stranded at the beach while swimming towards the sea|
|Wondering if all these fishies are still alive?|
|Things you can find on CLub Med Cherating Beach|
Plenty of sand dollars and shellfish together with sea shell scattered along the beach
|Fisherman going out for early catch. Or coming back haha|
|Sunrise near the one and only sailboat on the sea in Club Med Cherating|
|Morning crab at Club Med Cherating|
|Must take a photo with this little one before see it run back to the sea ;p|
|Remember to spend quality time walking on the beach together|
|Flying Trapeze at Club Med Cherating Beach|
5. FLYING TRAPEZEWonder how did people in circus did the flying-in-the-air moves? You can try it yourself at the Flying Trapeze area as there will be a GO guiding you to hang your leg on the trapeze while catching hands of another GO from the other side. It was scary at first but you will want to do it again after the first jump.
|Learning lesson before I did the flying trapeze|
|With the awesome GO at Flying Trapeze - Jiwon, Nikki and Elisabeth|
|Pool Game at Club Med Cherating Beach|
6. POOL GAMES AT MAIN POOL
Everyday right before lunch time, the GO will gather near the pool and ask us to join the Pool Game. I will consider this as a little warm up before you join their water polo games in the swimming pool. It is a good moment to spot if there is any eye-candy for you too.
|Dance together with GO at the pool|
|Zen Space @ Club Med Cherating Beach|
7. RELAX AT ZEN POOLZen Pool is one of the place that you would like if you prefer a quiet ambience with infinity pool facing the sea. You will need to take the shuttle train (fueled with biodiesel) to reach here. You can take a nap at the sun lounger without being disturbed by kids or dipping in the Zen Pool while enjoying the seaview.
|Take the Shuttle Train that depart from F Block every 30 minutes to Zen Pool @ Club Med Cherating|
|The spacious beach near the zen space once you've reached by train|
|Private beach for you and your love one|
|Enjoy the view in front and watch people sailing or kayaking right in front|
|Taking a nap at Zen Space is one of the things that you should do in Club Med Cherating|
|Sailing with GO, enjoy the big waves especially during noon!!|
8. SAILING/KAYAKINGWater sports like sailing, kayaking and beach volleyball is available at the beach area right beside Zen Space. Since we did kayaking before, sailing seems like a good idea. Gox, the friendly GO from China brought use for a quick sail. If the wind is strong, you can stay on the sea for hours yo. Too bad we didn't have enough time to learn how to control the sail boat.
|Gox is a funny GO to be with. Thanks for the fun sailing experience =)|
|Rock Climbing at Club Med Cherating|
9. ROCK CLIMBING AT PANTAI BEACHIt was not easy for us to find the Rock Climbing area in Club Med Cherating as it was well hidden behind the rocky cliff. You can find it right behind Rembulan Restaurant if you entered from Zen Space. Remember, you can always ask GO for directions. It was easy for me to do the rock climbing and I am happy to see my other half braved herself to reach the top as well. Not forgetting that she is afraid of heights and her shivering legs when she try to get down haha!! Thanks to the GO - Nusrath for making it happened.
My advice for you is to reach there earlier as you will get more time climbing different side of the mountain before it gets crowded. Would be more fun if they have another GO to help out as we were taking turns one by one to go up.
|"Wait! Let me pull my pant first!" Reached the top easily with GO's holding us tight|
|So proud of my partner who did it although she is afraid of height|
|Tree Top Challenge @ Club Med Cherating Beach|
10. TREE TOP CHALLENGEHere's another outdoor activity that you must try in Club Med Cherating - Tree Top Challenge. You are advised to go earlier for this one too as we will need to take turns to go up on the trees. If there is a person in front scared of height, encourage him to finish it before you can go for your turn. We tried the intermediate one and hopefully can go back again to try the advance tree-top challenge. Thanks GO (Ruth and Simone) for making sure we are safe on top while enjoying the fun in the air.
|GO Simone briefing us on the safety with the harness on|
|Thanks Simone for the group photo!|
|Wern crossing the wooden ladders between trees|
|Tree-top challenge - Standing on a single rope while holding to another rope on top|
|A picture with GO Simone after she completed her tree top challenge with a flying fox|
|Turtle Hatchery at the Turtle Sanctuary in Kuantan|
11. TURTLE SANCTUARYIt is just walking distance to the Turtle Sanctuary located beside Club Med Cherating. The turtle sanctuary wasn't as big as I expected but you will able to see the young turtles in the pool and a few huge turtles too. No entrance fee for this so do pay a quick visit to this place. If you are lucky, you can actually find turtles laying eggs at the beach during midnight. Ask the GO because they might plan for a night search for the turtle mama.
|Young turtle that will be released back to the sea once they grown bigger|
|Three adult turtles spotted in the turtle sanctuary nearby Club Med Cherating Beach|
|So many turtle hatchery inside this protected zone|
12. BATIK PAINTING/TIE-DYE TSHIRTFor additional RM50, you can learn Batik Painting and make your own Tie-Dye T-Shirt in Club Med Cherating. I didn't do it during my visit but this is a good activity especially for kids and family member.
|Jungle Walk across the mountain to Zen Space|
13. JUNGLE WALK WITH BEAUTIFUL VIEWAs a nature lover and photography enthusiast, I like the elevated view from the top of the mountain. If you are lucky, you can see animals like monkeys (different from the one you see at the resort) and snakes in this place when it is a rainy day. Make sure to wear your trekking/sport shoes for this challenging activity. The GO will make sure the path is safe before he let you pass.
Next time I would want to spend some time taking night photography at the elevated platform that can see Club Med Cherating and the sea. You definitely need more photography partner to explore this place in the dark haha.
|A good place to hang out with an elevated view near the mountain|
|Halfway to the top of the mountain|
|A picture with the crossing trees|
|Tall trees in the mountain during our jungle walk|
|Difficult or easy pathway in the jungle walk @ Club Med Cherating|
|Steep downhill jungle track before we reach the Zen Space in Club Med Cherating|
|Relaxing moment at Mandara Spa|
14. MASSAGE AT MANDARA SPADuring my visit there was a 40% discount for Malaysian guests. So we opted for the Balinese Spa Massage at RM192 instead of RM320. You should really pamper yourself after all the outdoor activities to ease your muscle pain.
|You can have your massage at the seaside too|
|Mandara Spa @ Club Med Cherating|
|Choose your favourite scent of massage oil - Mandara, Island Spice, Harmony and Tranquility|
|The room for single person massage|
|A female statue in Mandara Spa open space|
|Candle light dinner @ Rembulan Restaurant Club Med Cherating|
15. FINE DINE AT REMBULAN RESTAURANT
Other than being able to have late lunch at Rembulan Restaurant, you can book your seats for candle light fine dine here. Just make a booking when you have your breakfast at Mutiara Restaurant. Take the shuttle train so you can reach this zen place for good food. We were overall very impressed with the food being served that night except the desserts.
|Rembulan Restaurant - A perfect place for couple to have fine dining|
|Cappuccino Mushroom Soup|
|Carrot and orange cold soup|
|Grilled tournedos beef tenderloin with classic gratin potatoes served with pepper sauce|
|Grilled prawn with quinoa risotto served with fresh basil pesto sauces|
|Rice Pudding with Mango - the dessert that I don't understand it's beauty yet|
|Brandy Cheese Cake with Chocolate Ganache|
It was served straight from a refrigerator, hence tasted a bit hard to be honest
|Orchid Bar - The place that most people will hang out in Club Med Cherating Beach|
16. FREEFLOW AT ORCHID BARWhenever you are nearby Orchid Bar, the bartender and waiter will ask what drinks do you prefer. They will recommend you nice and refreshing drinks too if you have no idea what drink you are going for. I love the green and peppermint flavored cocktail that was specially prepared by the bartender. Best thing is, the drinks are always FREEFLOW including selected alcoholic beverages.
If you love to dance and drink, Orchid Bar will be your favourite hangout place at night.
|Freeflow cocktails will be served at Orchid Bar during day time too|
|Acrobatic Acts at Theater during night @ Club Med Cherating|
17. ACROBATIC SHOW IN THEATER AT NIGHTDifferent day will have different show scheduled at night. I really think that all the GO have hidden talents that you don't really see during day time. You won't be able to guess that the GO that you meet at Tree Top Challenge is doing amazing acrobatic acts together with the GO from the Flying Trapeze. I really salute at their talents and staying active throughout day and night. Below are just some photos that I took to appreciate their efforts in presenting a nice show.
|GO Nikki showing her flexibility on a hula hoop|
|GO Elisabeth act as the tree spirit from Wiz of Oz|
|GO Jiwon with his astonishing acrobatic act in the air|
|GO Simone as the lion/tiger in Wiz of Oz|
|Jiwon, Nikki and Elisabeth together on top doing some tough acrobatic moves|
|Other than acrobatic acts, some lame but funny magic show manage to entertain the crowd too. I like this part of the show.|
It was really funny =)
|GOs come from many different countries, which makes the performance even more fun|
|Group photos of the performers for The Wizard of Oz. one of my favourite picture|
|Group dance together with the GO Team|
18. DANCE NONSTOP WITH THE MUSIC
Every night after the performance at the theatre, the GO will guide us to the open space near the Orchid Bar for guided group dance. There was one special night where special cocktails prepared at the poolside and fireworks in the air while the GO leader popped a champagne. As a photographer, I automatically went and capture these fun moments. The night is always young in Club Med Cherating.
|Fireworks in the air while GO popped a champagne!!|
|Cherating Special Mixed Cocktail for the night|
|Purple light is the party light, accompanied with a pink cocktail|
|Everybody is awesome dancers when it comes to Club Med Cherating Beach|
|Oh well, probably not everybody. Who the heck dancing with his camera bag on? Hahaha!|
|CheeChing, my blogger buddy enjoying her last night in Club Med Cherating ;p|
|There are special drinks for kids too at the Orchid Bar. Wanna have Scooby-Doo, Barbie, or Don't Tell Mama? Cute names!|
|Mojito from Orchid Bar @ Club Med Cherating|
19. RELAXING AT QUIET ORCHID LOUNGEAfter so much dance and socializing with people, sometimes you just want to be at a quiet place to relax and sipping your favourite drink. Orchid Lounge is a quiet place that is air-conditioned but you can still have drinks ordered from the Orchid Bar. There are PC with internet for use during day time. Oh ya, the WiFi signal is stronger in Orchid Lounge too. Just a tips for social media/internet addicted person like me who can't live without Instagram/Facebook haha
|Night photography at Club Med Cherating Beach|
20. CATCH THE STARS AT NIGHT, SHOOT TIMELAPSEAs a person who love photography, you should not miss out spending at least a night to capture the moving stars in the sky. The air is cleaner here so you can easily see stars in the sky. You will get better view of the stars or even the milky way especially when there's no moon in the sky. Below are some photos taken during the night.
|Starry night captured right after our dinner at Rembulan Restaurant|
|Zen Pool at night with starry sky|
|Another view of the Zen Pool at night with moon shining bright in the air|
|Starry night near the beach outside our room @ Club Med Cherating beach|
21. TURTLE LAY EGGS MIDNIGHT SEARCHIf you found the right GO, they might able to plan a night adventure together to spot if there is any turtle laying eggs at Cherating Beach. You will able to see one if you are very lucky that night. Or else, just pay a visit at the Turtle Sanctuary nearby.
|Got a finishing tee after finished all the Eco-Unplugged Retreat Challenge|
|June - July 2015: Club Med Cherating Beach Family Nature Fun|
|Love you Club Med Cherating Beach. Hope to be there again!|
The main reason I like about Club Med Cherating Beach would be the close-to-nature, eco-green and all-inclusive package. It was a good opportunity to make new friends with people in there especially the GO that come from various countries. Below are some group photos with the GO we met and I would like to thanks them for making this trip memorable.
|Some photos with the awesome GO from Club Med Cherating|
|GOs might surprise you with a birthday cake during your trip|
|Finally I know how to write my Korean name during one of their culture night. Thanks to them Korean GO!|
|The Housekeeping team gave us a surprise during one of the night|
It was very heartwarming to see the surprise awaiting us in our room. I would like to thanks the GO from the housekeeping team for doing this. I know who you are haha! I hereby want to say thanks again to all the GO I've met during my trip to Club Med Cherating Beach (James, Keith, Akram, Anshley, Toby, Malik, Wind, Gox, Simone, Ruth, Nikki, Elisabeth, Jiwon, Messi, April, Shiori, Pink, Angelin, Monica, Zack, Corine and some who I've missed out haha)
Here's my travelog specially made for Club Med Cherating and you!! Thanks for watching!!
Currently Club Med is having promotion for certain resorts including Club Med Cherating Beach. A 4D3N/adult starting from RM1,036 instead of RM1,660. Just drop by this page for more info.
Remember to be quick before the offer runs out ya!! I am now eying on Club Med Bali that offer 4D3N package at only RM1,288 per person.
For more information about Club Med, visit www.clubmed.com.
How To Go To Club Med Cherating BeachIf you are from Kuala Lumpur, you may travel to Club Med Cherating Beach through 3 hours plus driving or a 40 minutes flight continue with 50 km airport transport to Club Med. Club Med will come and pick you up at the airport on arrival, and take you to the resort. At the end of your holiday they will take you back to the airport. Just remember to pre-book the transfer package.
Address: 29th Miles, Jalan Kuantan-Kema, 26080 Kuantan, Pahang Darul Makmur.
Telephone: (60) 95819133 / (60) 95819125 / (60) 95819131
Fax: (60) 95819172
For my previous social updates on Club Med Cherating Beach, just find these hashtags on Instagram/Facebook (#ClubMedCherating #EcoUnplugged #AmbassadorSearch).
PS: Keep your finger crossed as I hope we will be chosen as Club Med ambassadors to go to Club Med Cherating Beach again with 10 friends or even travel to other Club Med worldwide!! Stay tuned on my YouTube channel for the travel video.